Wednesday, October 12, 2011

New Found Love

Hi.. welcome to my new found love CROCHET.
Ever since I was crazy with cross stitches at is way back 1990's  I already want to know how to crochet. I keep on telling to myself this is difficult and who will be the one to each me on how to this and that... until Cabbie, one of the scrapper that I known for a while began to crochet, I begun to be so curious again with crochet especially she create this so called Anigurumi.( Japanese art of knitted small stuffed animals and anthropomorphic creatures. The word is derived from a combination of the Japanese words ami, meaning crocheted or knitted, and nuigurumi, meaning stuffed doll.)  

Honestly, my first attempt with hooks and yarn was so frustrating, since I really wanted to pursue this my new hobby. I kept on trying and trying until I beginning to be addictive with it. I always keep on my mind these quotes: 1.) Practice makes perfect. 2.) Try and try until you succeed.

09/04/2011: I went to Craft world Megamall and bought my very first crochet hook and a  Red Heart rainbow colored yarn. 
09/18/2011: 2 weeks later purchased another 3 pcs of Red Heart yarn at Craft World 
  
Thanks to today's technology the youtube for all the basic tutorials for a newbie like me. I learned a lot watching the tutorials from it. Now, I'm scouting for more crochet books at amazon, national bookstore etc  and travel all the way  from Quezon City to Glorietta 5, Dreams (yarn shoppe) to visit the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment